Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's resolution

A sign celebrating the beginning of 2013

A New Year's resolution is a goal made on 1st January, which a person aims to complete within that year.
Examples
- Have you made any New Year's resolutions? I want to lose weight and get fit.
- My mum's New Year's resolution is to stop smoking.
- Let's make it our New Year's resolution to run a marathon in 2013!


Take note

If you break your resolution, you are unsuccessful at completing it.
I don't bother making New Year's resolutions, as I always break them. 

Interesting fact

Many people use the New Year as an opportunity to make resolutions to change their life. Popular resolutions include eating healthily and getting fit, although around 60% of gym memberships taken out in January are said to go unused.

4 comments:

  1. My new year's resolution is to learn English perfectly,don't you?
    Je je je

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resolution! Hope you succeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven´t think any resolution for this new year...Maybe I take this year for choose a resolution for 2014! In the meantime I´m going to study more English!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a full year ahead to think about next year's resolutions. Meanwhile the English one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete